[TenTec] FS: Ten Tec Desk Mic Model 705

To: Ten Tec Reflector <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] FS: Ten Tec Desk Mic Model 705
From: David and Dianne on Comcast <dhhdeh@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 06 Sep 2008 15:32:31 -0400
Hi Everyone,

I have a Model 705 Desk Mic for sale. Bought this new several years ago
but sold the rig for which it was intended. Never used by me except to
check that it worked when I received it. Condition is 9.9  (would be a
10.0 but it is technically a 'used' item.

I do not have the original packaging or instructions any longer. The
specs below come from  the Ten Tec Wiki:

The Ten-Tec Model 705 is an Electret desk microphone designed for use as
a station microphone in commercial and amateur radio communications and
in public address and paging installations. The microphone consists of a
base section and flexible gooseneck mounted microphone. The Model 705
incorporates a momentary type Push-To-Talk (PTT) button (gray), a
Push-On, Push-Off locking type button (black), electronic circuitry to
switch the microphone on, a signal amplifier that adds 13 dB of gain to
the output level, an attached output cable and a battery compartment for
a 9 volt alkaline battery. The PTT circuitry allows switching
transmitters and/or transceivers, that have a low voltage positive T/R
lines, into transmit mode. A light emitting diode in the base signals
the transmit mode.

Specifications:

    *
      *Type:* Electret Condenser Microphone.
    *
      *Sensitivity:* -52 dBV (0 dBV = 1 V/uBar @ 1 kHz).
    *
      *Output Impedance:* Works with any circuit of 100 ohms or more.
    *
      *Maximum Sound Pressure Level:* 130 dB
    *
      *Battery Type:* 9 volt Alkaline transistor battery.
    *
      *Electronics:* C-Mos PTT switch, C-Mos signal amplifier, NPN T/R
      transistor.
    *
      *Current Required:* Receive mode: Less than 2 microamperes.
      Transmit mode: 2 milliamperes typical, with 9 volt battery.
    *
      *Semiconductors:* 2 IC's; 1 Transistor; 7 Diodes.
    *
      *Weight:* 12 oz. including battery.

I paid $80. Will sell for $59 plus shipping. I will package it
appropriately for the trip to you.

Here's a chance to complete your Corsair II, Omni V, VI or VI+
authentically for short money. This mic always gets FB audio reports.

Please respond with your interest or questions to my e-mail address:
dhhdeh@comcast.net

73 de N1LQ-Dave