[TenTec] Mike Hyder --N4NT--" Hercules 444

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Mike Hyder --N4NT--" Hercules 444
From: "Speer, Doug" <Doug.Speer@FairbanksMorse.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 15:17:59 -0500
I guess we all have had our good luck / bad luck stories.  I did not set
out on this path but I ended up with two Hercules 444 amps.  I have run
them daily and run them hard in contest and find the units to be pretty
robust amplifiers.  Of course if I loose the finals the unit will either
become land fill or as someone commented, a science project.  Someday I
will update my amplifier's) with something modern and maintainable but
in the mean time I'll run the 444s.  I might be smart to locate a fire
extinguisher within reach, hihi.

Very 73,
Doug, W9PN

Message: 14