[TenTec] Whait am I missing here?

To: "tentec@contesting.com" <tentec@contesting.com>, "tentec@yahoogroups.com" <tentec@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Whait am I missing here?
From: Ken Bessler <kg0wx@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 16:02:03 -0500
I've been thinking about buying either an Orion II, a Pro III or a K3 for a few
months
now. The K3 is pretty much out due to it's small size and old school LCD
screen. The
color screens on the other two really attract me and I'm about 97% decided on
the
Orion II based on it's performance, among other things.

But.....

I keep thinking about the reviews that called the band scope on the Orion II
"useless"
and "those who like the Orion have never used a Pro III".

My teenage kids had a 21st century solution - YouTube! Sure enough there are
videos
of both rigs there. So, I looked at several videos, examining the band scope
action
for both rigs. From what I can see, they are nearly identical as far as "real
time"
quality goes.

What am I missing here? The Icom seems no better than the TenTec......

73 de Ken KG0WX - Kadiddlehopper #11808,
Flying Pigs #-1055, Grid EM17ip