Re: [TenTec] What am I missing here?

To: Duane Calvin <ac5aa1@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] What am I missing here?
From: "Dr. Gerald N. Johnson" <geraldj@storm.weather.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2008 10:21:58 -0600
On Fri, 2008-09-26 at 21:55 -0500, Duane Calvin wrote:
> I'll bet the ProIII switches to CW-R (as they call it) just like my IC-706
> does.  That ought to solve the problem.
>
>       73, Duane
>
> Duane Calvin, AC5AA
> Austin, Texas
> www.ac5aa.com

Yes, if its there, but the user I talked to on 2m last week didn't know
of it and I wasn't the first to mention the problem to him. I have other
problems with Icom so I don't know and I won't know from use. My FT-857
does all that very neatly. If I set it on SSB mode and enable KTT, I can
send CW by sending with the key, or sent SSB by using the microphone and
PTT. (I suppose I could use VOX but don't). No mode switching required.
If I want the narrow CW mechanical and DSP filters they come in by
switching to CW. If I want Icom CW it has CW-R. I usually like the DSP
filter rolling off at 2.1 KHz but don't like the 270 Hz CW DSP filter as
I've not found it ever improved the S/N of a weak signal, but the IF
mechanical filter does improve the S/N of a weak signal.

73, Jerry, K0CQ