[TenTec] Operating AM with the Centurion amplifier

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Operating AM with the Centurion amplifier
From: Mark DeBord <markinkpt@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2008 12:13:18 -0400
I am using the Orion II and the Centurion amplifier. I enjoy operating AM on
occasion with this set-up. I load the amp at full output (using CW), but then
reduce my drive on the rig to only produce total carrier output of the amp to
about 150 watts.
Can I increase my rig's drive to produce more from the amp without a concern
(like 250 watts or so)? How long should I limit my keydown times? Do I need to
add additional cooling with an external fan sitting on top or something like
that? Any suggestions is appreciated.
I found a DX-60B at this year's Ten-Tec hamfest and plan on playing with it
driving the amp too.
Any suggestions is much appreciated.
TenTec mailing list