Re: [TenTec] OT

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OT
From: "Dr. Gerald N. Johnson" <geraldj@storm.weather.net>
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2008 20:58:59 -0600
On Wed, 2008-10-08 at 13:06 -0400, John wrote:
> Hello all , I am in need of a new log book I write in all my entries and do
> not use a computer for logging .  Can anyone recommend a good fancy log book
> . thanks  John kb2huk

I've been using ARRL log books for 53 years. I'm about to need a new one
and I've decided to brew my own with a couple more columns. I like the
wire spiral binding (which a local copy center can do for a price) to
get the pages really flat.

Since I've used the back sides of only a dozen pages for messages and
the like over the half century, I want my next log book to have double
sided pages.

I looked around here for spiral backed books with no printing on the
paper, no lines, no grid. I didn't find any. I did find that paper
punched for spiral wire binding could be bought on line for about $15 a
ream (enough log pages for the next half century) and that a large
bundle of spiral wire bindings could be bought for about the same price
(minimum order quantity).

Last August in Seattle at a stationary shop in the mezzanine level of
the Continental Center, I found wire bound spiral backed note books with
no printing on the paper. Probably 150 sheets each, maybe more for $7.95
each (IIRC). I brought a couple home, but I've not made progress on
laying out the forms to be printed on my laser printer. I have to feed
them through twice for double sided, but the printer doesn't mess up
when doing that. Some do.

That's what I plan to do, someday.

73, Jerry, K0CQ