[TenTec] Argonaut on Classic Exchange

To: "nmqrp" <nmqrp@yahoogroups.com>, "tentec" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Argonaut on Classic Exchange
From: "JAMES HANLON" <knjhanlon@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 12:06:08 -0600
Just had to share a grin with a few folks who would understand.

I was all ready to hit the Classic Exchange yesterday (Sunday) with my usual
collection of powerful boatanchor rigs like my Globe King, Valiant, DX100,
32V3, Apache, and on; but thanks to some freak weather the power transmission
line supplying my area went down Saturday evening at about 6:30 and was out for
25 hours!  So I hit the CX airways Sunday afternoon on 40 meters with my mighty
Argonaut 505 running from a 12 volt storage battery.  With it's powerful 3
watts out, in an hour I worked stations in CA, OH, CO, NC and MA from my qth in
NM.

I'm still smiling.

73,

Jim, W8KGI