[TenTec] Paragon Clock

To: "DXLabs YahooGroup" <dxlab@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Paragon Clock
From: "CSM\(r\) Gary Huber" <glhuber@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 16:50:05 -0500
Heads up for Ten-Tec Paragon owner / users: The Paragon's clock is based on an
old Motorola clock chip with a daylight savings time change program. The clock
will spring ahead and fall back.... unfortunately the chip was manufactured
before the last TWO Congressional mandates so the time changes are much later
in the Spring and much earlier in the Fall.

When I had my Paragon, I noticed the "GMT" reading changed from what it should
be. Ten-Tec had no documentation on the clock's daylight saving time changes.
Motorola verified its capability.

Paragon owners should not expect a time change next week end. Its already
happened and is the reason IF the clock is now one hour slow!

73 & DX,

Gary - AB9M