Re: [TenTec] Corsair digital readout

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Corsair digital readout
From: Douglas <sparks06524@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 01:05:29 -0700 (PDT)
> Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 11:32:57 -0400
> From: "ric thor" <cqdek1pn@gmail.com>
> Subject: [TenTec] Corsair dig. readout
> To: tentec@contesting.com
>
> My corsair's digital readout sometimes locks up and
> freezes on a frequency.
> The vfo still works ok. I have to turn off and turn on
> again to bring back
> to normal.
> Any suggestions please?
> TNX

Try pulling and reseating the counter chip. Check for loose connections to and
from the counter board.

Also, I've had trouble with one or more of the electrolytic caps in the counter
circuit. There is one cap in particular that causes this kind of trouble. Due
to the age on this rig, I'd simply change the two or three that are involved.

73,

Doug/WA1TUT