Re: [TenTec] Ten Tec Fan Disappointment....

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Ten Tec Fan Disappointment....
From: "Martin Ewing" <martin.s.ewing@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 10:10:24 -0500
John,

There aren't any perfect vendors out there.  If there is one that suits you
better than TT, you know what to do about it.   A business will respond to
the market or suffer the consequences.

I agree that a few firms do a better job at community engagement, and that's
a big plus.  On the other hand, I own an Orion and it does the job for me.
The TT list here, along with occasional factory help, provides the support I
need.  (Even if progress on firmware is too slow.)

As a matter of cheer leading, I wish the company would find a way to
interact with us better, discover Web 2.0, etc.  But the hardcore question
is where will I buy my next rig.  I can't say.

73 Martin AA6E

On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 9:27 AM, fraz1 <fraz1@bellsouth.net> wrote:

> Having just read the post regarding the OMNI VII display board, it reminds
> me of my disappointment with TT.  I am a fan of their gear and own or have
> owned the Orion, Orion II, Omni VII,  and 238A, etc
>
> They continue to miss published time windows on various upgrades, hardware
> and firmware.  Yes, I know there are priorities to deal with, but facts are
> facts.  It is discouraging to see Elecraft make improvements on such a
> timely basis, offer betas to their customers, and solicit customer input
> (and act on it).
>
> It's also interesting to see the very frequent dialogue by the owners on
> the Elecraft reflector.  I see very little input from TT here, except for
> their monthly used/demo equipment listing.  Something has changed there, and
> I'm sorry to see it.
>
> 73 John K4NP

Martin Ewing, AA6E
Branford, CT