Re: [TenTec] Orion Output Power Problem

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion Output Power Problem
From: <k8jdc@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 12:58:58 -0500
All,

     Apologies!  I feel so dumb.  I knew this and was having a bad brain
cramp this morning.  I use a long dipole fed with ladder line on the lower
bands and use the TUNE button to generate a CW so I can tune up the 238B.
I've done this for years, but I always crank the power down and then hit the
TUNE and PWR buttons in that order to crank the power down so I can tune up.
I just opted in the beginning to do it that way instead of doing it at the
20W level.  So, I rarely (if ever) just hit the TUNE button with the PWR set
to 100.  I forgot and just couldn't see the forest for the trees this
morning.

73, Dave