[TenTec] Problem with carrier on LSB on my Omni 6+

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Problem with carrier on LSB on my Omni 6+
From: "Ernie Popp" <k2ep@nycap.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2008 01:40:10 -0000
Omni 6+
During CQWW ssb contest, I noticed that I had carrier present on LSB while
operating on 40M. I checked and found it was present on all bands only on lower
side band.  Upper seems fine. It seems more severe on 40m.  I first checked the
9mhz bfo crystal.  It was close and I fine tuned it a little.  This had no real
effect and still had carrier on LSB. Next I adjusted  the  balanced mod.  I'm
not sure if their is a special procedure for this.  I was able to completely
eliminate the carrier.  After several day, the problem reappeared.  Once again,
I adjusted the balanced mod to correct the problem.  Checking tonight it's
back. I'm assuming that  something is unstable in the balanced mod circuit.
Why is USB not affected?  Has anyone experienced  this?  Any Ideas?

Tnx,  Ernie K2EP

k2ep@arrl.net