Re: [TenTec] Omni VI Opt 3 Audio Problem

To: <atrampler@att.net>, "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni VI Opt 3 Audio Problem
From: "John Cox" <jecox@tri-lakes.net>
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2008 15:07:02 -0600
From: <atrampler@att.net>
To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Sent: Sunday, December 07, 2008 7:20 AM
Subject: [TenTec] Omni VI Opt 3 Audio Problem

Intermittently I lose most of my RX volume, both from the speaker/headphone
jacks and the line out.

Sometimes turning the rig on and off will cure the problem.

In short, I have audio, but very low, and the volume controle does nothing
till wide open, and then I have only white noise.

I believe it is in the DSP board or a relay to it, because I totally lose
sidetone, spot tone, and features such as the automatic notch filter and DSP
audio filters.  The manual notch filter still works.

Anybody experience this and have a suggestion?

Art, KØRO