[TenTec] Orion

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Orion
From: "John Harden" <jhdmd@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2009 12:29:56 -0500
I was just looking at the Ten-Tec forum. I have nothing but good things
to say about my Orion since receiving it in March of 2004. After using
Collins gear for many years Ten-Tec was the logical next step. I have
had the Corsair II, Omni V, & Omni VI Plus. They were all great rigs.

The Orion is a superior transceiver, and is reasonably priced. Also, the
service is outstanding and they support just about everything they ever
built. This has a lot to do with the philosophies of K4JU and K4FW.

The Ten-Tec rigs can be worked on. I just took my Orion I apart to
correct a problem with VFO A which was intermittent in its readout.
After removing the front panel a little Deoxit on the four sockets for
VFO A & B cabels took care of the problem.

73 & Happy 2009,

John, W4NU
K4JAG (1959 to 1998)