Re: [TenTec] 1208 Transverter

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] 1208 Transverter
From: "N4PY" <n4py@arrl.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 12:35:56 -0500
My 1208 transverter blew pin diodes D5 and D6 when I accidentally
transmitted 100 wats from my old Paragon.  I replaced the diodes with 1N4148
which are standard diodes.  I have accidentally done this again a few times
over the years and no further problem has ever occurred with the 1N4148's in
there.

My N4PY software using its full transverter features, prevent this from ever
happening accidentally.

Carl Moreschi N4PY
121 Little Bell Drive
Bell Mountain