[TenTec] WANTED Part Duce: Ten-Tec Argosy 525D (Digital) and/or Delta

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] WANTED Part Duce: Ten-Tec Argosy 525D (Digital) and/or Delta
From: Jerry Volpe <kg6tt@arrl.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 03:07:26 -0800
[Thanks everyone. I found an excellent Century 22. The search goes on.]

I am still looking for a fully functional Ten-Tec Argosy 525D (Digital)
and/or possibly a Delta transceiver. I am only interested in
transceivers that have been very well taken care of. Cosmetically and
functionally 9 of 10.... with hopefully unmarked front panels/bezels;
minimum discernible marks to the cases and the rear-panel; original
knobs; the intact pop-down bail, operating lamps, etc.

If an Argosy it must be the digital version preferably with a serial
number above 824 if possible. Your serial number? Unmodified preferred.
In addition I would prefer the Argosy to have:
- CW audio filter installed
- 100/25 kHz Marker generator installed
- 8-pole SSB crystal filter if possible rather than the standard 4-pole
- 8-pole 500Hz CW crystal filter
- Noise-blanker installed
- Ten-Tec hand mic (nice but really optional)
- Original manual (would be nice) or an excellent reprint.

If a Delta. Unmodified if at all possible. Serial number? In
addition I would prefer it to have:
- 500 Hz CW filter
- WARC Band crystals (if possible)
- Model 283 Remote VFO (would be great to get one, but the Delta is
first priority)
- Original manual (would be nice) or an excellent reprint?

Please let me know what you have and what you would consider a fair
price including excellent packing and shipping (approx). I would pay
either with a money order or PayPal. It is essential that you supply
clear digital photographs detailing the cosmetics. Sorry, I can not
accept equipment that came from a 'smoker's environment no matter how
'clean'.

73,
Jerry, KG6TT

In case you are curious.... I have been collecting and 'using' Ten-Tec
gear since 1970 and up until about two years ago I had a very nice
assortment of earlier Ten-Tec transceivers that I had taken great care
of. Well I finally wanted to add an Orion (love it) but felt I had to
liquidate my collection to buy it. This was not a very good choice for
the most part. So recently I began looking for 'pristine' condition
replacements at least for a few of the ones that I had used on a regular
basis. Can't possible get them all... too hard to find good 'candidates'
and well the pocket book is very limited. But as the great imaginary
Sherlock Holmes said (I think)... "let the hounds be loose!". - J

--
Ralph Jerald "Jerry" Volpe
Amateur Radio Operator KG6TT

788 Chestnut Drive