Re: [TenTec] Omni VI Mod 3 and RTTY

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni VI Mod 3 and RTTY
From: "Duane Calvin" <ac5aa1@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 21:54:00 -0600
AFSK not only can provide a nice splatter generator (as Gary noted some
folks will tell you), but it also can be susceptible to RF on the incoming
AF transmit audio lines, depending on how you decouple it (or not.)  I've
always found FSK to be far easier to set up, and far harder to screw up.
So, for me and some other folk, it's just easier so that's why we use it.
Unfortunately, that connection scheme won't help with PSK31 or other modes
that don't work well with the RTTY tones.

        73, Duane

Duane Calvin, AC5AA
Austin, Texas
www.ac5aa.com