Re: [TenTec] Ten Tec Power Connectors

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Ten Tec Power Connectors
From: "Dr. Gerald N. Johnson" <geraldj@storm.weather.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 14:36:25 -0600
On Tue, 2009-01-27 at 14:20 -0600, Stuart Rohre wrote:
> Tom,
> Look at the on line catalog for Molex.  It should have dimensions which
> you can compare to the connector on your rig.
>
> 73,
> Stuart Rohre
> K5KVH

You don't have to work that hard. Its the Amp Universal Mate-N-Lok II
connector line. 4 pins. Plug housing on the cable, 770019. Female or
socket pins in the plug, 770247. Strain relief 641776-2. Based on my Amp
sheet IS 3200. There are several from Amp that will mate. Last I looked
for them, they were available from Mouser as well as TenTec. Maybe $3 a
set for all the pieces, before shipping.

The internal switch that is brought out to those pins won't hack 20 amps
at 12 volts. I used a relay and put a diode in series with the relay
coil to act as a reverse polarity protector. So if polarity is backwards
the relay won't close to fry the radio.

73, Jerry, K0CQ