Re: [TenTec] bill orr article

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] bill orr article
From: "Bob McGraw - K4TAX" <RMcGraw@Blomand.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 20:36:22 -0600
Do a Google search for G5RV.  You'll find a bountiful amount of info.  Lots
of test data, construction techniques and design information.

>From my use of a G5RV some years ago, I'd say if that's the only antenna one
can put up, it's better than no antenna at all, but not much.  There are
much better antenna configurations, antennas that are more efficient, more
reliable and work quite well.  All much simpler and easier to build.  Try
the 135 ft center fed wire fed with a balanced feed system.  And oh yes, the
balanced feed system is much much easier to install and keep in the air than
90% of the hams understand.  It will always have lower loss than any coax
fed antenna too.

73
Bob, K4TAX