Re: [TenTec] Orion II....AUX I/O Direct to Computer for Digi?

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion II....AUX I/O Direct to Computer for Digi?
From: "Roger Hughes" <roger.h@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 00:45:32 -0600
It seems straight forward. Also can run fsk from the i/o. I have a friend
who does not use an interface. He uses the software whatever in and out of
the radio to cumputer. He uses abt 50 watts no overdrive watching the ALC of
course. He said TT told him that was the way to work PSK AFSK out of i/o.
I'm putting my Orion back together from reinstalling ATU. I made a metal fan
stand and hooking up my own cumputer fan. I believe you would have to have a
fan to run FSK RTTY. Could get hot.I recently retired for the 2nd time. I
got a bunch of equipment to put on repair table.Back to other. I bet the
interface would be rite handy on rfi, gnd loops and whatnot. Some of the
newer rigs are an accident waiting to happened. I have a R390a reciever I
need to align.Thats my RTTY rx coming in to the Orion. Maybe can help.
Thanks Roger w4iv