[TenTec] RIT/XIT Problem back

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] RIT/XIT Problem back
From: "John T. Fleming" <john@w3gqj.net>
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2009 10:40:05 -0500
After all my work, the intermittent RIT/XIT problem is back! :={ This time I
am going to use the standoffs that Ten-Tec sent me so I can mount the front
panel away from the case. Then when the control does not work, I can use a
plastic stick and touch suspect parts and see if it starts working again. It
is not going to be easy because I can make it work again just by pressing on
the front panel. That is why some people had said pulling knobs cured the
problem. More to come. And I thought for sure I had it when I found the pins
with no evidence of rubbing the socket.

73,
John