Re: [TenTec] O2 output level with PSK aux in

To: <geraldj@storm.weather.net>, "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] O2 output level with PSK aux in
From: "Jim M." <jmiller1706@cfl.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 01:29:11 -0500
You are right, when I set the drive audio until the ALC just stops flashing
on the O2 then I get about 30-40 watts out, or in that range, which is what
has been recommended by others. That's where I leave it for PSK (maybe PSK
was a bad example to use)....  So what about RTTY (AFSK)?. I would like to
get 90-100W out on that mode, since it is not as sensitive to intermod I
would imagine.  But again, the drive from the Navigator won't drive it fully
to 100W on RTTY.  The external wattmeter is a Nye Viking dual meter peak and
average reading type RFM-003.  They don't make it now but it is accurate:
http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/2466  SWR is 1.03/1.

I still would like to hear others' experience with the Navigator (or other
USB interfaces) driving the O2 Aux input, RTTY AFSK as an example.  Are you
getting sufficient audio drive?  Thanks to all for the comments.  Jim N4BE