Re: [TenTec] Orion display

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion display
From: "mcelmer1" <mcelmer1@netecin.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 11:30:00 -0700
I just went through this with my Orion 1.  Initially, the display was a
little dark in the upper left corner.  Then, the display pulsed/flickered
and the radio never came on: the display simply pulsed/flickered.

I changed C6/C7 on the DC distribution board but that did not correct the
problem. Then, I noticed that C9 was slightly bulging at the top; replaced
that ( $1.29 at Radio Shack) and the problem was corrected. Cheap fix.

Warning: removing any of the electrolytics on this board is a challenge.

Mike
W8TRN