Re: [TenTec] 041 firmware rev

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] 041 firmware rev
From: "Jim M." <jmiller1706@cfl.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 19:58:08 -0500
Well after getting past my initial serial interface issue and getting the
resets right, this new rev. I think is pretty nice.  I also notice the
occasional sweep of red on the spectrum.  The red traces are supposed to
decay more slowly than the white apparently.  Its actually that a red sweep
freezes and the overlaying white sweep erases.  This can be tweaked in
software.

I don't see the benefit of AF AGC so far, I prefer the RF AGC as the copy
seems much clearer.  There is also a tiny "pop" on the attack time with AF
AGC, which is to be expected I think.  NB and NR seem to behave better.

But back on the update process...I THINK there's something amiss between my
old serial PCI card and the latest windows XP, my suspicion anyway.  It
wouldn't surprise me to see some driver incompatibility after all the XP
updates.  The various forms of O2 reset I needed to do were also a little
confusing at first.  But finally I was able to download to the O2 and it
came to life by itself as it should.

Jim