Re: [TenTec] possible bug in new Orion II firmware

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] possible bug in new Orion II firmware
From: "Bruce McLaughlin" <bmclaugh@bex.net>
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2009 19:08:02 -0500
No the tuner is enabled.  However, the problem appears to be confined to 40
meters.  It is okay on 20.  I reloaded the previous firmware and discovered
it was doing the same thing on 40.  I know I have a problem with the antenna
on 40 meters.  It has an unacceptably high SWR probably due to corrosion at
the contacts.  It is a Mosley pro-67B which is been up for more than 20
years and it's probably due for an overhaul.  However, at least until
recently the tuner did take care of it so I'm not sure what is going on.
The tuner in the K-3 also handles it.  I reloaded the current firmware since
the previous version did not seem to be any better in this respect.  It's
very strange!  Thanks for the reply.

Bruce-W8FU