Re: [TenTec] FW Update Problem w/O2

To: Ron Castro <ronc@sonic.net>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] FW Update Problem w/O2
From: Joe Giacobello <k2xx@swva.net>
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 2009 13:47:58 -0500
Ron, Peter and you were correct!  I went back and rechecked that the
other radio on one of the other ports of the PCI card was still working
and now it wasn't working.  I found a second, unused USB-to-serial
adapter in my garage and installed it.  The update went forward
flawlessly in 315 seconds.  I used 57.6 K speed and hardware flow
control, but I don't know if that was essential.

I have to conclude that when I originally started the update, the serial
port was not completely failed and there were some data flowing.  When I
began switching serial ports, I must have damaged ports by hot plugging,
as Peter suggested.  I will go back and recheck everything, but it looks
like that PC card will have to be replaced and, maybe, that other
USB-to-serial adapter that I first tried.

Thanks to all for your help.  All seems to be working fine now.

73, Joe
K2XX