[TenTec] omni D & A & C help

To: TenTec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] omni D & A & C help
From: Mike Bryce <prosolar@sssnet.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2009 14:08:47 -0400
Gang!

The pile of old Omni's continue to stack up.

I have several "A" and a "D" or two models.

I' have heard there is a mod to improve the agc and to keep it from
popping. Anyone know where that mod maybe hiding?

One of the rigs has a noise blanker installed, and the life of me I
can't tell one way or the other if the silly blanker is working or not.

Is the noise blanker a one size fits all? Or was there a different
blanker for each version of the OMNI series?

I have a sales flyer that has a Omni C on the front cover (the version
has all the WARC bands and the crystal filters are selected with a
flip switch) and from the photos the noise blanker is quite a bit
different from the one I have in the "A" version.
The photo of the insides in the manual shows a model 248 blanker,
which is visually different from the one I have installed. The blanker
shown in the flyer and manual seems to have a set of three crystals
mounted on the lower left side of the pcb assembly. the one I have in
the radio does not have these crystals.

anyone have a model 218 1.8k filter for sale, cheap??
anyone have a model 248 noise blanker?

The PTO on the "D" version is so froze up I need a slip lock pliers to
even try to turn it. A call to TT monday I will order a PTO rebuild kit.
Do you need to remove the counter assembly before you can reach the
PTO? Seems to be a bit more than a saturday afternoon project to get
the PTO out and back in.

any suggestions?

Mike, WB8VGE
SunLight Energy Systems
The Heathkit Shop
http://www.theheathkitshop.com/
J e e p
o|||||||o

A man with one clock knows what time it is. A man with two clocks is
never sure.