[TenTec] New SS Amplifier Rumors?

To: Ten Tec <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] New SS Amplifier Rumors?
From: "M. Todd Miskel" <foamhand@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 17:58:14 -0600
Hello all, I was tuning across 75 meters and stumbled upon some guys ragchewing
about Ten Tec possibly working on a new legal limit solid state amplifier to
replace the Titan III. Any scuttlebutt or rumor confirmations out there amongst
you all? This would be a wonderful development in the right direction for Ten
Tec IMHO. I know alot of you will start touting the cleaner signals from tube
amps etc. etc. However, high power mosfets are evolving rapidly and are widely
used commercially. Also with the surplus Russian tubes drying up and the rather
questionable quality of Chinese 3-500's, 572B's etc. along with the exhorbitant
prices of the Eimac products, I feel the evolution to solid state devices is
inevitable for Amateur Radio. Elecraft is introducing their long awaited KPA
800's and KPA 1500's at Dayton from what I've heard. I hope Ten Tec isn't too
far behind. 73, Todd - KT0DD