[TenTec] OT: DXLab logging program and Paragon II

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] OT: DXLab logging program and Paragon II
From: Ken Brown <ken.d.brown@hawaiiantel.net>
Date: Sat, 04 Apr 2009 10:02:19 -1000
Hi all,

      This is a somewhat off topic post, though since I am using a
Ten-Tec Paragon II, it is also somewhat on topic. Hopefully those of you
are are picky about these things have learned how to make your email
program filters work to delete messages with "OT" at the beginning of
the subject line.
     I am using DXLab suite logging software, DX Keeper for the log, and
Commander interface to get the frequency data from the Paragon II. If I
have the Paragon II turned on before I bring up the software, the
Commander software will switch the Paragon to the opposite VFO, and then
back after a few seconds, as it is starting up. Has anyone out there
experienced the same thing with DX Lab Suite, and have you found a way
to change a setting in the program to stop this. I know I could probably
just start up the program before turning on the radio, or starting a
QSO, and never notice this, but I am a sort of "radio first, computer
later" kind of guy and am not likely to change.

Thanks,

DE N6KB