Re: [TenTec] Omni VI / +

To: <ken.d.brown@hawaiiantel.net>, "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni VI / +
From: "Bob McGraw - K4TAX" <RMcGraw@Blomand.net>
Date: Sun, 5 Apr 2009 21:43:29 -0500
Ken makes some good points.

I have owned 2 different Omni VI Plus radios, both equipped with a tummy
full of filters.  And there's been a Paragon II and a couple of original
Paragon's across the desk.  Those are purely analog audio.

One fact that can contribute to audio fatigue has largely to do with the
speaker used with the radio be it internal or external.  I won't name names
or brands or types, but some are good and some not so good for voice and CW
work.  As a general rule, I've found that a "hi-fi" type speaker connected
to most ham radios will produce lots of unwanted noises.  Those become
fatiguing as unwanted noises are just unwanted energy that the ears and
brain are required to eliminate.  The result is hearing fatigue.

73
Bob, K4TAX