Re: [TenTec] RF Ground

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] RF Ground
From: "Bob McGraw - K4TAX" <RMcGraw@Blomand.net>
Date: Sun, 5 Apr 2009 22:14:42 -0500
Everything inside the house should reference the ground and neutral at the
service entrance or breaker panel.  Since there is supposed to be a driven
ground at the service entrance, I could care less about the fire hydrant or
well casing.  Water lines are no longer accepted as a suitable ground for
anything.  And if your well casing is plastic, as many are today, it is
non-conductive.

However, more important, all driven grounds on a property served by a single
service entrance, must be bonded back to that service entrance ground.
There's no exceptions to this rule.  Failure to initiate this procedure
produces a highly dangerous condition.

As to having a RF ground,  a ground radial system below your antenna is the
reference point for that antenna.  Several antennas can share the same
radial system.  Also that radial system must be bonded back to the service
entrance ground.

73
Bob, K4TAX