Re: [TenTec] RF Ground

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] RF Ground
From: "CSM\(r\) Gary Huber" <glhuber@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2009 07:54:33 -0500
Jim, consider many parts of the country where the water supply is provided via
PVC or plastic.  In my rural subdivision (and at my residence) the wells have
PVC well casings. My well (200' deep) has a PVC down pipe to the submersible
220 VAC pump.

My house "electrical ground" is provided by the power company meter base
installed ground rod. There was a "grounding connection" from the Main Breaker
Panel to the copper cold water line inside the house but that line transitioned
to the plastic well supply.  I added supplemental 7 foot ground rods in the
basement sump wells and bonded the rods to the copper cold water line in
accordance with the National Electrical Code.

Best regards,

CSM(r) Gary Huber - AB9M
9679 Heron Bay Rd
Bloomington, IL 61705