I have a nice in perfect condition O1 for sale. It does has the AT, and the
1.8, and 600 Hz filters. It is fully upgraded and has been back to the factory
for an alignment about 2 years ago. Contact me off list if interested, for more
73 Jeff kb2m
----- Original Message -----
From: "Mark" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <email@example.com>, "Rick Dougherty
Sent: Wednesday, April 8, 2009 8:41:21 AM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Want to buy
Rick Dougherty NQ4I wrote:
> Hi All..I am looking for a TenTec Orion 565...no A/T...with cw and ssb
> roofing filters...lets talk de Rick NQ4I
> TenTec mailing list
Perhaps 'kicking in a door' here but please allow me to add some tips:
- get the 600Hz inrad filter (order number #762) for CW. Forget about
the TT 300 and 500Hz filter, or read Bill's website W4ZVfor that matter.
- customize the DC12V connection cable with heavier gauge cable
- do not use a switched psu, but any old fashion analogue psu
- set the supply voltage to min. 13.8-14.2 V
- installing official firmware 1.372 or the praised beta 1.373b5 is the
way to go.
User tips, based on contesting at our clubstation PI4TUE:
- keep RF-gain below 85. Operators tend to turn it at max (learnings
from decades of using japanese rigs)
- ideally add enough att to keep the S-meter on max S3 band noise level
- better keep the volume pot at fixed level (75%) and use RF gain to
adjust the listening level down, determing on provided input HF level
- RF gain and BW button are the only two to use in a contest
- push the 'Audio' button and set Left-Main, Right-Both. This wil put
the audio from main receiver on both ears and the sub-audio on the right
ear only. At a single push on the sub-af volume pot knob you switch
in/out the sub receiver audio, while the audio of the main receiver
remains constant on both ears. Very convenient and not distracting for
monitoring a different frequency(or band) on the second receiver.
- use David Clark headphones, model 10S/DC (stereophonic full range
version). They fit better, offer much better noise reduction and less
Orion redefines operating a rig and is customised for dxíng and
contesting. Many thanks to TT; they have created a great rig.
I have sold 2 FT1000MP's (loaded) and saved money for a year to be able
to buy an Orion here in Europe.
Never ever regretted it.
At our clubstation PI4TUE ( 6 different ops)we have compared our old
TS950SDX against FT1000MP's(loaded) and recently a K3 during major
contests these last 3 years.
Finally they decided to buy an Orion which is now in use since early
CU in contest
73 Mark, PA5MW
TenTec mailing list
TenTec mailing list