Re: [TenTec] Orion RTTY & Soundcard

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion RTTY & Soundcard
From: "Bob McGraw - K4TAX" <RMcGraw@Blomand.net>
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2009 21:00:25 -0500
Be sure Omni is in USB mode as you will be using AFSK and not FSK.  Typical
VOX Gain is 50% to 75%, Anti VOX at 5% or less, TX Audio source should not
be BOTH but LINE.  Adjust level out of Windows mixer WAVE to about mid fader
position and also VOL CONT on Windows mixer to about mid point.  I suspect
that you do not have audio coming out of the laptop.

If you unplug the cables from the laptop you should hear data in the laptop
speaker when you initiate transmit in the software.  If you do not, then
something related to the setup of the software or laptop is not correct.
I'm not familiar with MMTTY but there should be a drop down menu that will
allow setting the input level which is the level from the radio to the
computer and there should be a output level which is the level from the
computer to the radio.

73
Bob, K4TAX