Re: [TenTec] Triton PTO kit same as Corsair II?

To: <geraldj@storm.weather.net>, "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Triton PTO kit same as Corsair II?
From: "Mike Hyder, N4NT" <Mike_N4NT@embarqmail.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 13:38:42 -0400
The tuning knob turns a shaft coupled to a thin, brass shaft by a vernier
means.  The thin shaft extends to the back of the PTO unit.  That shaft has
large threads which pass through and move the piston into and out of the
coil.  The 580, 579 and 2510 PTO shafts have left-hand threads while those
of the other rigs have a right-hand thread.  I just dug several out of my
closet and gave them an eyeball examination.  Though my memory is dim, my
eyesight is OK.

Although the piston is not included with the rebuild kit, the shaft does
come with each kit and its threads must match that of the piston.

Mike N4NT