Re: [TenTec] Noise and ORION II

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Noise and ORION II
From: "Bob McGraw - K4TAX" <RMcGraw@Blomand.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 20:08:07 -0500
Depending on band conditions and antenna efficiency {not antenna gain}, a RF
Gain value of 60 may be too high.  With a 1/2 wave resonant antenna on 160M
and 75M and to some extent,  I run the RF gain in the 30's.  On 10M & 12M
more RF gain is required due to the fact the antenna captures less signal.

73
Bob, K4TAX