Re: [TenTec] Omni-C Trim ring

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni-C Trim ring
From: Mike Bryce <prosolar@sssnet.com>
Date: Sat, 2 May 2009 10:30:22 -0400
john...

you need to remove the top and bottom covers, watch out for the
speakers on the bottom, they're wired in

remove the knobs

remove the front panel. There's a connector that needs to be
disconnected to remove the entire panel. (now is a good time to check
all the lights in the bezel and clean the knobs in warm soapy water)

place  the trim ring over (around!) the sub panel.

Screw the trim ring in place at the bottom of the ring to the sub panel

replace the front panel and the knobs.

you will find the trim ring a bit loose,

now replace the bottom and then the top covers. be sure you press each
forward to seat the covers into the trim ring.

tighten the two screws in the trim ring.

Now.. all this being said,

you can sometimes bend the trim ring enough to allow you to get it
behind the front panel without removing the knobs and panel. You still
need to remove the top and bottom covers.

Mike, WB8VGE
SunLight Energy Systems
The Heathkit Shop
http://www.theheathkitshop.com/
J e e p
o|||||||o
Note: No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large
number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced