Re: [TenTec] Jupiter and 33 foot vertical.

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Jupiter and 33 foot vertical.
From: Fernando Quinones <n2fq@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 9 May 2009 09:19:33 -0700
Hello.

I'm running a Jupiter and 48ft Vertical.

Your SGC and Vertical should work with any rig since

the tuner is activated by RF.

Why change the system that's working for you.

You have a plug n play system, plug another rig and play.

Personally, I like the tuner by the antenna.

Also there are several solutions to having two wires for the 12VDC

and one for the coax if that's a concern.

Have fun with your Jupiter, nice radio.

take care 73

On May 9, 2009, at 8:29 AM, David Humelsine wrote:

> I have decided to up grade my ham shack with a Jupiter.  My present
> set up is an Argonaut V with a 33 foot vertical and 36 radials. I
> have a SGC 237 tuner at the base of the vertical for multi band
> use.  If I order the Jupiter with the internal tuner and install a
> balen at the base of the antenna how well can I expect it to work.
> My personal feeling is an external tuner  like the LDG 1000 pro
> would be better.  Comments please off line from anyone using the
> Jupiter and 33 ft vertical antenna would be appreciated.
>
> David N5 WMQ
> n5wmqmail@comcast.net

Fernando  N2FQ
<http://pages.sbcglobal.net/n2fq>