[TenTec] O2 Update thank you

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] O2 Update thank you
From: "Doug Turnbull" <turnbull@net1.ie>
Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 22:59:55 +0100
Thank you TT for update to O2 firmware.   I would find a guide to use of AF
vs RF AGC useful.   From what I understand more than the red screen problem
has been solved; apparently the lower AF of AF AGC v RF AGC has been
eliminated though not mentioned in the documentation.   Version 2.041XL is
installed two weeks here and the red screen problem has yet to manifest
itself but I am appreciative of its fix.   In a couple of weeks 2.041XT will
be installed.

I worked for a firm that spent a significant amount of its development costs
on worst casing software but the products were involved in safety of life
and I can not see TT taking on such an expense as we hams will not pay for
it.  The current development model is not too bad though turn around could
be faster.   However TT is not just selling to hams but also the US
government and military and as such has other more rewarding and demanding
customers to answer to.   Some guys want TT to help our service men (I am an
American) to have the best and are pleased to see this work.   Do not expect
that TT will have a team to search for possible faults in the ham radio
firmware at the same time.   Thank you TT for your efforts.   The O2 has
come a long way since I purchased mine thirty-three months ago.

We need to let TT and each other to know of faults in the firmware but do we
need to carp.   This company has done a good job and is still developing.
I own both O2 and K3.   Both radios have their advantages regarding the
other and both radios have ongoing problems to sort but both firms are
progressing the product available to hams.   These are exciting times.

      73 Doug EI2CN