[TenTec] Corsair II low receive

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Corsair II low receive
From: Clark Savage Turner <csturner@kcbx.net>
Date: Sat, 16 May 2009 23:00:54 -0700
Hi
all - I've played hookie for over a year now, but I'm back :-)
Picked up a Corsair II from an estate, low receive.
 The receive is down to about the level of the isolation of the RX
antenna - if I have the antenna plugged in to the TRX jack, the PL
259, it is about the same level as when it is plugged in to the RX
jack with the slide switch to the TRX side.  Anyone recall what diode
was at fault?  The rest of the rig seems to work about right, and its
filled with filters.  There are lots of awful hacks here and there,
I've done some rewiring and cleaning, but I'm happy so far with the
results.  Now, if I could just get the receiver up to specs when I
connect to the PL 259 with the slide switch to TRX.  Well, then I'll
need to rebuild the PTO, but I can do that in my sleep now :-)
 Anyone with hints, I appreciate it.
 Oh, and I have one set of spare side panels (wood grain) for the
Argo 505 and 509 (I think) if anyone needs them.
 Clark
 WA3JPG
 Clark Savage Turner, J.D., Ph.D.
 Professor of Computer Science (and regular guy)
 Cal Poly State University
 San Luis Obispo, CA. 93407