[TenTec] 2.063Xg -- AF AGC problem

To: Ten-Tec Reflector <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] 2.063Xg -- AF AGC problem
From: Rick W <ve7tk@yahoo.ca>
Date: Sun, 17 May 2009 09:31:35 -0700 (PDT)
I've been trying the AF vs RF AGC and there seems to be a problem.  I decided
to compare the NR function on the two AGC modes.

With the RF AGC the noise reduction NR works as normal.  With the AF AGC the
noise reduction seems too aggressive.  As a matter of fact at an NR setting of
1 it eliminates the signal?  Completely!

Again I'd appreciate it if others trying this firmware could confirm this.
REMEMBER to activate the changed AGC mode the Orion 565's power must be cycled
and the rig rebooted.

Thanks.

73,

Rick