Re: [TenTec] Help me, I'm dumb.

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Help me, I'm dumb.
From: "Gary Hoffman" <ghoffman@spacetech.com>
Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 00:23:23 -0400
Yeah, parallel ports are pretty much done now.  Printers used to use them,
but none of them do any more.  In fact (I may have missed one) I don't think
you can even buy a common printer any more (new) with a parallel port.  They
pretty much use USB.  The only two current interfaces being actively
supported are Ethernet and USB.   Sure, you can still find serial ports here
and there, but they too are becoming a legacy item and are not long for this
world.  The USB to serial converter is about as close as you can come.  I
don't know either, if there is a USB to parallel converter, but I would
doubt it as one is a serial protocol and the other is a parallel protocol.