[TenTec] Anomalous signal on Omni VI

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Anomalous signal on Omni VI
From: Ken Brown <ken.d.brown@hawaiiantel.net>
Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 20:43:02 -1000
I am listening to a signal with my Omni VI. I have the rig tuned to
7.005 CW. When I tune upward the audio note gets lower, as it would if I
were listening in upper sideband mode. As I continue to tune upward past
where zero beat would be, the signal does not reappear, as it would if
it was a really strong signal actually on 7.006 that was blowing through
the 9 MHz IF filters, and being heard when tuned to 7.005. So I have
concluded the signal must be an image. By my calculations when tuned to
7.005 LSB (or CW with an Omni VI, since Omni VI receives CW in LSB) the
LO is at 16.008 MHz and the image would be at about 25.011 MHz. When I
listen on 25.011 I cannot find a signal. I have not been able to figure
this out. Any suggestions? I have not heard any other signals that tune
as if the receiver is listening to USB when it is in CW mode.

Thanks,

DE N6KB