Hello to all, This is kinda off topic.. I'll put it on topic.. I use my
Pegasus for portable operation when camping..
I use the internal 12v system in the camper from the battery side for a power
supply.. The battery charging part of the converter quite working..
I found the problem, the big ballast resistor went open.. It's one of those big
white ceramic 50w .150 ohm units..
You just can't find those thing at the corner store..
Why do these manufacturers choose them?? Something I don't know?? I can get a
50w 1 ohm
old brown wire wound one.. That should work..
Camping season is upon us up here!!
(TEN TEC FOREVER AND RTTY TOO)
TenTec mailing list