Re: [TenTec] Kinda OT

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Kinda OT
From: Mike Bryce <prosolar@sssnet.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2009 12:02:05 -0400
HARRY..

there's a big difference between .150 ohm and 1 ohm...

typo perhaps?

Mike, WB8VGE
SunLight Energy Systems
The Heathkit Shop
http://www.theheathkitshop.com/
J e e p
o|||||||o

A man with one clock knows what time it is. A man with two clocks is
never sure.

On Jun 8, 2009, at 11:37 AM, Harry Coates wrote:

Hello to all, This is kinda off topic.. I'll put it on topic..  I use
my Pegasus for portable operation when camping..

I use the internal 12v system in the camper from the battery side for
a power supply.. The battery charging part of the converter quite
working..
I found the problem, the big ballast resistor went open.. It's one of
those big white ceramic 50w .150 ohm units..

You just can't find those thing at the corner store..
Why do these manufacturers choose them?? Something I don't know?? I
can get a 50w 1 ohm
old brown wire wound one.. That should work..