[TenTec] ten tec orion 1 N4PY software mic gain audio level drop

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] ten tec orion 1 N4PY software mic gain audio level drop
From: "Denton" <denton@oregontrail.net>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2009 11:02:17 -0700
I have a new to me Orion 1 running version 2.063Xg and I notice that when I
run N4PY's Orion control software that the mic gain audio input drops way
down compared to running the Orion after a master reset.
Tried setting the sliders in both the Orion and N4PY menus and have a little
luck that way.
Anyone notice the same? Workaround?
I have to run for 15 thru 10 meters the mic gain at about 100 percent with
10-13 db of hardware gain...which I think is a bit much....
I have to drop the mic gain way down from 14 on 80 meters and increase it to
31 on 20 meters.