Re: [TenTec] Circuit question - Omni VI type 563

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Circuit question - Omni VI type 563
From: Stuart Rohre <rohre@arlut.utexas.edu>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 20:18:20 -0500
I think the 1N4007 would work fine.  They are actually, a HF type diode
die, as well as being used as power rectifiers.  Try to get a Motorola
NOS set.  (rather than unknown import or unmarked types).  The 1N4007
would be the lowest cost as they are quite common.  Normally for RF, you
would use a purposely designed PIN type diode, but these die made a
suitable substitute, as they had the PIN structure.

Stuart
K5KVH