Re: [TenTec] One Plug under Linux

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] One Plug under Linux
From: jfriend31@comcast.net
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2009 13:49:49 +0000 (UTC)

i have been using xlog in Ubuntu 8.10. it reads my orion and the cw keyer works
wonderfully. xlog-2.0.3 has just been released by Joop and has several bug
fixes along with fixing the control keys in the cw keyer. i highly recommend it
for use Steve.

you will need to go to the source to download xlog-2.0.3 in compressed version,
uncompress in the desired directory. read the INSTALL file and follow the
instructions there to install all dependencies, then ./configure, make, make
install.

if you have installed all the dependencies it will be up and running quickly.

73 jack

ps the only connection to your rig is thru the supplied serial cable from the
rig. if your computer has no serial port, a serial to usb port adapter works
just fine. i have built a switch as shown in MixW of one  transistor, one diode
and two resistors thru which xlog's keyer keys my orion. so for cw you will
need two connections to your radio, one for reading the radio with hamlib and
the other for keying cw. both work fine thru serial to usb adapters.