[TenTec] Requst PTO rebuild help

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Requst PTO rebuild help
From: Andrew Moore <andrew.nv1b@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 20:43:06 -0400
I'm in the process of rebuilding the PTO on my 540.

Step says "push tuning shaft (J) back far enough to remove stop pin (H)."

Problem is it won't push back far enough before being forced to stop.  I
think this is because I could not:

"Turn PTO tuning shaft CW before starting"

...because when I attempted to do that, nothing happened.  I think the
bearings are so worn that the PTO simply does not move when I spin the dial.

Given the above, how do I proceed?  I tried to turn the tuning shaft by
grabbing it with tweezers and pliers on the inside of the PTO box but
clearances are so tight I couldn't move it.

--Andrew, NV1B
..