Re: [TenTec] Collins group

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Collins group
From: "Dr. Gerald N. Johnson" <geraldj@weather.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 13:21:45 -0600
On Fri, 2009-08-14 at 12:15 -0400, Dave Edwards wrote:
> Trying to figure a fair price on a mint KWM2A, 30L1, and 312B5 VFO....Can
> anyone give me their thoughts....or better yet, is there a similar reflector
> to this one for Collins devotees?
> Thanks all, and sorry for the off-topic message.
>
> ....Dave

There is the Collins Radio Association, www.collinsra.com and the
Collins Collector's Association www.collinsradio.org, both have mailing
list reflectors.

The 312B5 was expensive comparatively when new and is often highly
prized today because its not all that common. KWM-2A can have been
military and used hard in poor conditions. Point is prices there are
highly variable. The 30L-1 requires special care when used with modern
radios and so isn't so highly prized, plus its not all that much power
over a 100 watt radio, just an S-unit increase in power and its compact
for the power level using tubes.

--
73, Jerry, K0CQ, Technical Advisor to the CRA